25 December 2008

well I remember, I remember dont worry

Can I count it off? December 25th marks the passing of the godfather of soul, I'm pretty sure something else of historical signifigance happened today, santa's birthday of course - but who gives a shit? In honor of the passing of Soul Brother #1, The Minister of the New New Super Heavy Funk, Mr Please Please Please, 'the Original Disco Man', the hardest working man in showbiz, the King of Funk, Papa Dynamite and the undisputed owner of the best male perm ever...going down like a monkey presents:

the top 5 James Brown songs

Enjoy bitches:

#5 - Living in America 1985
You probably remember this from Rocky IV, right before Ivan Drago gave Apollo Creed the beat down, this is also one of the top 5 songs with a shout out to the #1 city on earth "Detroit City" right in between two cities that have never cracked the top 5 in murders per capita New Orleans and Pittsburgh




#4 -Say it loud (I'm black and I'm proud) 1968
if I was Barrack Obama I'd insist that this replaced "hail to the chief" at all state dinners, although that freedom hater strikes me as more of a village people fan




#3 - The Payback 1974
Payback is a motherfucker. This is my theme song. take it from a grudge holding motherfucker with a chip on his shoulder.....as smokey said - "You got knocked the fuck out... gimme my goddamn money... yeah payback's a motherfucker, Nigga."




#2 - Get Up (I feel like being a) Sex Machine 1970
fewer things put me in the mood for sending an innapropriate text message than this song. a fucking classic, I want this shit played at my funeral right before six hookers carry my casket out of the liquor store where the ceremony is held




#1 - It's a Man's World 1966
Truer words have never been spoken. it's a man's world baby, and the rest of you are just living in it


1 comment:

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

Start following our trades NOW & profit up to 270% a day.