02 January 2009

just as I thought it was going alright

So while there are a lot of strange thoughts going through my mind right now and I managed to top the entire top 5 list of gay acts from 2008 in the first 11 minutes of 2009 I choose not to write about that. Perhaps after I see my therapist I'll share. Instead I'll try a new feature in top 5's, and a new Friday feature

top 5 songs I'm down with this week
in no particular order

#5 - Debra - Beck
I really wrote this entire post simply because I'm pissed that I didn't include this song in the top 5 from 2008. This is the last track on Midnite Vultures and is officially replacing Sexx Laws as my favorite track on the album. A song about spitting game at a broad who works at JC Penny's but also wanting to get with her sister at the same time. Like I said this should have been in the 2008 top 5. "I cold step to you with a fresh pack of gum" - who has more game than Beck?



#4 - Spotlight - Mute Math
I saw Mute Math open for a band I'd rather not admit to. I've been a fan ever since. This is their newest song from a movie I'll never see.



#3 - Lounge Act - Nirvana
The downside to my cup full o' hate is that it get's me really fucked up, but the Red Bull also prevents me from sleeping as well as convincing me that I'm about to have a heart attack. Also, it hasn't been putting me in a real hateful mood lately, but that's a story for another time. So I was up watching Nirvana clips at 4am and since then this song's been stuck in my head.



#2 - A Change is Gonna Come - Seal
A cover of the classic Sam Cooke song. Seal released an entire album of classic Soul songs in November and it's actually pretty god damn good.


#1 - Of Minor Prophets & their Prostitute Wives - David Bazan
I have issues....this song sums up a small part of it. "all is forgiven, so come home"

No comments: