15 July 2009

it's not Michael Jackson and this is not "Thriller" - top 5 80's rap songs

In honor of the impending release of Celluloid Hero's 'BetaMax MixTape - An 80's Retrospective' and the inevitable slew of california gangster style pool parties it will undoubtedly inspire:

top 5 80's rap songs +1

Rock the Bells - LL Cool J, 1985
Great track despite the jab he takes at my man Prince with this line:
So all you jerry-curl suckers wearin' high-heel boots
Like ballerinas, what I mean is you're a fruit-loop troop


Children's Story - Slick Rick, 1988
Life Lesson's handed down by Mr. Slick Richard:
This ain't funny so don't ya dare laugh,
just another case 'bout the wrong path,
Straight 'n narrow or yo' soul gets cast


Straight Outta Compton - NWA, 1988
Snaps & Daps from Ice Cube, MC Ren, Eazy-E, and Dr. Dre
But I don't give a fuck, I'ma make my snaps
If not from the records, from jackin the crops


Paid In Full - Eric B. & Rakim, 1987
Long before Snoop-a-loop and Frank the tank covered this at mitch-a-paloza, Eric B & Rakim penned an instant classic:
Thinkin of a master plan
Cuz ain't nuthin but sweat inside my hand
So I dig into my pocket, all my money is spent
So I dig deeper but still comin up with lint

Paul Revere - Beastie Boys, 1986
My favorite rap line of all time, second only to 'no one on guitar beats Jimmy Paige, the girlies I live are underage':
I did it like this, I did it like that
I did it with a whiffleball bat


King of Rock - Run-D.M.C., 1985

They called us and said we're gettin iller
There's no one chiller
It's not Michael Jackson and this is not Thriller

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

Follow our signals right now and gain up to 270% a day.