02 October 2009

phil friday - misunderstanding

Prior to the 2005 General Election, Noel Gallagher was famously quoted as saying, "“Vote Labour. If you don’t and the Tories get in, Phil is threatening to come back from Switzerland – and none of us want that.” To which Phil responded, "I don’t care if he likes my music or not. I do care if he starts telling people I’m a whore because of my politics. It’s an opinion based on an old misunderstood quote.”

"Well, if you’re ever remembered at all, it’s only usually for one or two things. With me, it’ll be: ‘He faxed his wife a divorce’, which is actually bollocks, but that’ll be on top of the headstone."
Is there a more misunderstood artist than Phil? Absolutely. However, you have to love a song about getting stood up by a broad only to go by her house afterwards and see her with another man.

No comments: