31 March 2010

ten years man....ten.

March 31st, 2000. A day that changed my life forever! The release of the greatest motion picture to ever hit the silver screen. Since that day, I've watched it, with out exageration, at least three hundred times. I went so far as to keep an extra copy of it in my desk at work just in case I ran into an unfortunate soul who hadn't yet seen it. Unfortunately, that copy as well as my US Men's national team jersey, two suits, and countless cd's fell victim to a break up and will never be heard from again. That being said, I can tell you almost everything from the film, right down to the previews (Mission to Mars, Scream3, and Deuce Bigelow) that run before it starts. The film is from Nick Hornby's novel of the same name, and if you haven't read the book, you're missing out too. In addition to inspiring parts of this blog, there's been High Fidelity the broadway play, as well as Donwill's rap album: Don Cusack in High Fidelity. It would be hard for me to name my favorite scene, as that's subject to change based on my mood, or more accurately how much I've had to drink...so I'll say here is ONE of my favorite parts. And also, subquestions, are the best of all the questions. Enjoy bitches:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kick ass movie man

Anonymous said...

we just did high fidelity the musical here in dc. you missed it. it was awesome.